Twitter

Monday, July 11, 2011

A little bit at a time

Another view from where I grew up.

It hasn't been a good day (yesterday technically) though I thought I would write a bit to get my mind off my mind so to speak.

Life has a way of playing with your emotions I believe, telling you one thing and giving you another.  Sometimes I feel like I let my emotions get the best of me and given into Terry Goodkind's Wizard Rule #3: "Passion rules reason."  Too often our emotions get the best of our rationing abilities and beat us down a bit.  Yesterday was one of those days. 

Today it is late and I am still awake, and alone with my thoughts for a while.  I'm listening to music, not wanting to sleep for I do not want to face the next day but instead fix all the problems I have in my world.

Life is complicated....a little too complicated just to live everyday.  Sometimes I wonder if I follow in the footsteps of my genetic past, where depression and other issues seem to exist.  I try to overcome, but my demons still get the best of me at times.  We all have our own individual demons, but it seems mine like to weigh me down and try and keep me down every day or so. 

In other news, I'm happy with the way my blog looks--I haven't yet made any money through google adsense but you never know.  The blog is important to me, precious to me (yesss, my preciousss). And there should be a place where my once creative mind can once again exist, and thrive.  Not only do I enjoy writing and photography, I enjoy layout as many journalists do.  I've been skimping a bit of the editing part {so if you see any mistakes please point them out and I will give you an imaginary cookie}

I often find myself wondering what mark I will leave on the world--or if I will make a mark at all.  I feel that even if I make a difference in one persons life I will have done something. 

I feel like I've lost a lot of myself and hope to get the chance to find me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment