Twitter

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The blog strikes back

This is the sequel to my first post, and in my mind I would like to begin posting everyday just to capture the full picture of my mind as it changes.  I doubt I will keep up that perfection, but there was a time when I posted on a daily blog and sometimes more than once a day.

Life hasn't felt the same as I've grown up, something about everything has lost that childhood wonder as it has given in to the harsh bite of reality.  Things were once so simple and everything is magical.  I remember watching movies over and over because they were just so good--but as for me now everything seems to have lost its luster, including movies and the video games I play.  Reality bites, but in a fantasy world is always where I most felt at home.  That world has been lost mainly I believe by things that steal away the imagination.  Perhaps it is time to start reading books again as they inspire a bit more than video games.


I've been an utter failure as a creative writer, unable to write even the smallest of stories anymore.  It's not that I don't want to, but perhaps that I feel I am unable to live up to expectations, mine and everyone else's.  My imagination is small anymore, but my passion to create still remains.  I see it when I play certain video games, or when I write.  Even if it has dwindled into the smallest bit of ash it can be reignited.  I've never been much for writing outside of a scholastic setting, needing to be pushed to do what should come naturally.

Sometimes I wake up so late that I think the day is lost, so I often give in to that fate.  Today is not going to be one of those days.  I'm dedicated to at least thinking in a productive way if I can't for some reason be productive.

Tomorrow I journey out from my circle of comfort into a greater world, looking for employment and most likely not finding anything that truly interests me.  It is a pain that a life costs so much to live.  Even with the small things of rent and electricity we can end up in more debt to someone else than we would like. 

It's too bad, and again we must find escape where we can--in books, in movies, the internet, in thought, in activities that occupy our minds, or sometimes even in sleeping longer than we should.

No comments:

Post a Comment