Twitter

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Duality

I am two different people...I play the hero but also the villain.  I am human and often find myself giving into my own selfish desires. I do what I can to be a good person, but I'm not often able to resist temptation.

I find often I have a void to fill and don't often fill it with what I need to. For years I would eat to fill the empty place. Then several weeks ago I discovered how to control it with pure willpower.

I live my life for pleasure and find pleasure in many things, is that the recipe for a fulfilled life or a recipe for disaster.

My depression has gone from a raging bull to a timid little field mouse. I haven't had a breaking or felt depressed for several days, since I last wrote about it in point of fact.

I return to work very soon and though the job is just a job--I will have my head held high. I'm stronger than I ever was though change still comes very slowly.

I haven't tweeted in days, but it doesn't matter. It is my own to use as I wish.

I still don't have the answers of where I am going in life--but I'm enjoying the ride: and I'm ready to face what may come. Though the world will tear me down a thousand times I will build myself again a thousand and one--stronger evey time. A hero exists in all of us and sometimes we are the only ones who can save ourselves. Many of our stories become intertwined threads...some break and some hold strong but we must not ever let our own strings fall apart so much that we can't put them back together again.

My dark side would say I'll do what I want, consequences be damned. My light side of course says I always care and will do what I can to make the world a better place. Who am I? The hero or the villain?

We wear many faces in our lifetime, I choose to wear mine, flaws and all. They show where I've been and remind me to be mindful to help me reach wherever I decide to go. Life is about journeys and also about reinvention. I choose not to let it define me, but to let me define it.

No comments:

Post a Comment