Twitter

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Everything's #Shiny

Today has been a day in a half already.  I woke up at 5am and played around with the idea of getting out of bed for a few hours.  The dog finally convinced me to get up and let him out, only he wouldn't go out and was being stubborn.  He just kept looking at me but wasn't telling me what he wanted, so I suppose he just wanted a little loving.
 
The majority of my day was actually spent watching tv, listening to music and generally tweeting about everything.  I've fallen in love with twitter I admit and I didn't quite understand it a week or so ago.  Glad that opened up for me.  I've actually met a lot of interesting people and had some good conversations so far--I hope to have a lot more, and hopefully I'm not bugging anyone as much as I try to talk to people.
 
The one thing I noticed about twitter is there are a lot of people using auto-tweet programs and posting random things like advertisements.  I had to unfollow a whole lot of them.  Before I was used to following more people than were follow me.  I just don't like my twitter feed clogged up with spam I guess.
 
Originally I was going to post a blog about Twitterific vs. Tweetbot, but I found I preferred Twitterific until I discovered Twitbird, which is my absolute favorite twitter ipod app at present.  It just has a lot more features, a better design, I can even find people close to me geographically. That's always fun.
 
In other news #shiny is my new tag when I tweet, I'll tweet it usually when I'm saying something nice or something I think is absolutely brilliant. The world pertains to the Serenity/Firefly series if you were wondering.  "Everything's shiny captain."
 
I feel so tired today I haven't done anything productive, but it has been quite relaxing.  I've got to enjoy every moment as the grind is coming back soon, work work work.  I prefer sleep, sleep, sleep. 
 
I'm getting back in the blogging habit, though I am looking forward to the time when I have a real event to blog about.  My life is a bit dull somedays so it is nice hearing other peoples stories.
 
#Shiny
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment