Twitter

Friday, August 19, 2011

Introspective Inspection

I'd have to say I really enjoy blogging, even though I haven't had anything exciting to say for a while now.  Just examining my life has been enjoyable, and blogging is definitely better than therapy.  Everyone is a little crazy I believe, I know I have my quirks--I do things I regret or sometimes say things that don't make any sense to the outside world.  I pride myself in being random and living life in a Quixotic Haven.

I've been determined not to play the fool in my own life story, but instead the hero who rights wrongs wherever he can.  Some days I feel like I've stumbled off my path a bit, going with things I feel passionately about instead of letting reason rule as it should.  "Passion Rules Reason." as a rule of course. 

I very much would like to take a trip and visit some place new, some place more interesting than my current surroundings. Life's too short and it gets just a little bit shorter when you're short on cash, and in a little bit more debt than you want to be.  Going in debt to pay for an education is to be expected, but at the same time if I were easier to find a good job I might dig myself out of the financial hole.  Sadly money matters--some people have too much and don't even know what to do with it all.  

Personally I always thought knowledge more important than wealth, but the way the world works tells me otherwise.  Hence why I choose to live in my own little world.  At least when I'm blogging I don't have to answer to any other authority for while--just my own, my own ramblings.

So I now have a livejournal again, and I'm looking forward to developing some bonds and friendships with people--I've always loved reading about the stories of others as they were always so much more interesting than my own.  I like that I can post one email from anywhere and it posts simultaneously to blogger, livejournal, and even wordpress on occasion when wordpress isn't being dumb.  All the posts when they post are delayed and I'm not checking to make sure it posts this time so it will have to go on faith.  

I went out on twitter overload so I've back off on being so crazy and talking so much.  I like having followers but sadly I've only gotten to really talk to a handful of them.  Some tweets have gotten a little more scandalous than others on my side of things so I'm going to have to remember that everyone on the internet can see such things.  I've after all got to maintain a positive image, to a point.  Otherwise I just want to be myself, I'm a bit of an average joe in most respects, but unique in other things.  I appreciate originality in people and I generally do my own thing, whatever that might be.

I have a bit of fun when I can as well.  I'm going to post my 1000th tweet on twitter at some point tonight I think, I only have a handful of them to go--plus of course it helps when I have conversations on there with people, which I love to do.  I've gotta get some more followers without getting sucked into the social media vortex where it becomes all consuming to the point where I tweet about everything and never really live life.

"I have my moments, not many of them but I do have them."  

Life is about living after all, and as far as I know I only have the one life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment