Twitter

Monday, August 8, 2011

Changing Changes

It seems my blog posts are becoming less and less frequent.  I would love to write more, but it seems the world has pulled me into distraction.

For me it has become less about social media and more about being social.  I've found an interest in Skype and Google Voice, to talk to old and new friends on the phone--it's weird for me as I'm not that big of a voice personality.   Or at least I wasn't until now--it feels nice getting compliments on my accent. 

I've lost track with a few friends sadly but I hope to get back in touch at some point, or maybe they'll come looking for me as it is nice being missed.

I've been getting reaquainted with the game Monster Hunter Tri, and I realize I'm still decent at it after a long absence. 

The other game I've been playing is a game called nationstates, where I have refounded my nation of Palidor and refounded the old region of Avalon.  It's quite fun being able to vote on political issues even though I'm not as political as I once was--I'd call myself more of  libertarian independent.

Life continues to go on, and wed is the 8am meeting I knew was coming; it'll be over quick enough and I'm not dreading it like years past.  The fact is my job will never define who I am unless I let it.

Work is work, and I can't escape a dead-end job just because I have a college degree--I must do instead what I have to in order to survive.  I will change it, in my mind I know it is time for a change; I've just got to make that happen.

My mind feels more complete and yet I remain a procrastinator.  Sometimes things have to find a way to push us in order to make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment