Twitter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Twitter Addiction and other Business

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
 
I have to face facts, I think I am beginning to develop a twitter addiction.  Just the other day I was just randomly posting a barrage of thoughts and it improved by leaps and bounds when I actually started talking to people and following them.  In the real world when you follow someone it tends to be called stalking, in the twitter world is accept and encouraged--fancy that.  I've had some very interesting conversations and met some really interesting people.  Up for a little more than a 100 tweets three days ago to now more than 500, and I'm looking forward to even more.  I never really dove in until now.
 
My inter-linking blogs are now complete, and this post will be another test as wordpress misfired the last time.  If I'm free tomorrow I expect I will try to find some Livejournal friends.
 
If you are my twitter friends you may have noticed I talk about Mello Yello a lot, I find it interesting as Mello Yello is following me on twitter and I've loved that soda since I was a kid.  It brings back a lot of memories.  In fact I tend to love the majority of Coca-Cola products, even bought a sweet hat with Coke reward points.  I love Coca-Cola for several reasons, it is a regional favorite first of all, so I grew up drinking various sodas from the company and have a lot of childhood memories centered around it.  Secondly I got a scholarship from them while in college that helped ease the massive pile of student loans that was piling up.  Consider me Team MelloYello!!!
 
In retrospect, I haven't really done all that much today outside of playing nationstates, sleeping til 1PM, drinking 1/3 a liter of a MelloYello, and just generally chatting on Twitter.  Where does the day go honestly?  Why does time often slip away so easily?
 
My summer and seasonal lay-off is almost over, so very soon I will be back in the grind.  But I will never forget this lovely summer as I feel like I've grown up a lot more than the past few years I've been out of college.  Funny how the mind works--it's hard to dig out of a rut, and I'll admit I'm not out yet but I'm most certainly still climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment